The Environmental Health Division endeavors to assist the residents and visitors of Forsyth County in resolving concerns related to the program areas of the division. There are a variety of questions that are routinely submitted to the division that are best addressed by other agencies. A brief list of the most common issues and the appropriate contact information is listed below. If your question or complaint is not in the list, please use the form at the bottom of the page to contact the Environmental Health Division.

Concern Contact Agency
Air Quality, Mold/Mildew, Asbestos Forsyth County Office of Environmental Assistance & Protection
Packaged food, bakeries, food warehouses, produce stands N.C. Department of Agriculture
Housing and Lot Conditions inside Winston-Salem City Limits Community Services and Business Development
(336) 727-8000
Dead Animal Removal (within 10 feet of County roadside)Roadside Dumping Illegal Dumping inside city limits Department of Transportation
(336) 896-7014
Winston-Salem City Limits
(336) 703-6500
Nail Salons, Beauty Shops N.C. Board of Cosmetic Art Examiners
Landfills Hanes Mill Landfill (336) 727-8000
Tanning Salons N.C. Radiation Protection
Underground Storage Tanks N.C. Department of Environment and Natural Resources (336) 771-5000
Kernersville Building Permits Town of Kernersville (336) 992-7166

Required fields *