The Friends of the Walkertown Library is a 501(c) 3 nonprofit organization whose purpose is to help develop and improve Branch resources and services. Our organization has nearly 200 active members who generously contribute both time and money to help support our mission.
The Friends of the Walkertown Library is governed by an Executive Board:
- President: Erica Ververs
- Vice President: Janlori Komorowski
- Treasurer: Sue Sticksel
- Secretary: Debra Leiser
- Sheila Clendenning (Social Media Manager)
- Vicki Hawkins
- Bonnie Oakman
- Jane Peschansky
What do our Friends do?
- Official sponsor of the Summer Reading program
- Funds year round programming for children and adults
- Hosts cultural and educational events
- Purchases books and other materials for the Branch collection
- Raises community visibility and awareness of the Branch
- Purchases equipment, including furniture, computers, and more for the Branch
- Community advocacy on behalf of the Branch
- Hosts annual children’s holiday party
- Maintains a booth at the annual Walkertown Fall Festival
- Holds spring and fall book sales
Become a Member or Donate
Yearly memberships are $5.00 for individuals and $10.00 for families. To join, download and fill out our membership brochure. Checks may be made payable to Friends of the Walkertown Library and mailed to 2969 Main St. Walkertown, NC 27051.
For more information, call the Walkertown Branch Library at 336-703-2990, email Friends of the Walkertown Library at firstname.lastname@example.org, or visit the Friends website at www.friendsofthewalkertownlibrary.org.