Pregnancy Care Management
Pregnancy Care Management is a statewide program in N.C. promoting healthy mothers
and healthy babies. This program provides care management services for high risk
women during pregnancy and for two months after delivery by a social worker or nurse.
You may be high risk if you:
- Have ever had a premature baby (baby born before 37 weeks).
- Are pregnant with twins, triplets, etc.
- Have diabetes, high blood pressure, HIV, sickle cell, asthma, seizure disorder,
mental illness, or other conditions which can affect your pregnancy.
- Are in an unsafe living environment (homeless, unstable housing, family violence,
sexual abuse, community violence).
- Use drugs or alcohol while you are pregnant.
- Smoke or use tobacco products while you are pregnant.
How will I know if I am high risk?
When you have your first visit with your prenatal care provider, he/she will help
decide if you have any risk factors. If you have any risk factors, you will be referred
to a pregnancy care manager.
What will a pregnancy care manager do for me?
- Help you identify your needs and make a plan to address them.
- Work closely with you and your doctor to understand your needs.
- Help arrange transportation to medical appointments, if needed.
- Help you manage any medicines that you might have.
- Work hand in hand with you to help you have a healthy baby.
Childbirth Education Classes
Childbirth Education Classes are open to the public and offered to help families
prepare for the best possible childbirth experience as well as to promote lifelong
health and wellness. Classes are offered throughout the year and meet on the same
night once a week for four weeks. Medicaid covers the cost of the classes for the
mother-to-be and her partner. For participants without Medicaid, the cost of the
class series is $35.00 for the mother-to-be, surrogate parents, intended parents
or partner. Scholarships are available. Class size is limited and registration is
required. Parents receive baby care incentives for class attendance. For more information
or to register call 336-703-3206 or email email@example.com.
View our 2014 class schedule.