Mount Pleasant Church
Atop the highest hill for miles is the historic Mount Pleasant Church where weddings
and services have been conducted since 1809. The "little church on the hill" is
a classic part of Tanglewood. For many couples, this beautiful countryside location
is the only place for their storybook wedding.
Beside the Clubhouse
10:00 am - 3:00 pm
3:30 pm - 8:00 pm
Monday - Thursday: $100
Friday – Sunday: $150
Rates are Subject to Change
Overlooks golfing green
- All hardwood interior
- Pump organ in balcony
- Two ceiling fans
- Electrical outlets
- 3 in front stage area
- 3 on each right and left wall
- 2 upstairs in balcony area
- Moveable podium
- Moveable altar with marble top
- No heating or air conditioning (windows [12 total] do open—blinds not included)
- One-step stage (10’ x 7’)
- The church has an all-white exterior with a brick-lain pathway and steps and features
a double-door entrance
- There are 20 pews total (looking from the front: 8 on left, 9 on right, and 3 in
- Only waxless candles allowed. No open-flame candles are allowed (except a unity
- All of your guests can enter for free if you opt to pay a $50 gate fee. Otherwise,
all guests must pay $2 per car.
- No tape, nails, or tacks allowed on the walls. Each instance will result in an additional
clean-up fee being charged.
- No birdseed or rice are allowed. Each instance will result in an additional clean-up
fee being charged.
- You can add a carriage ride to your wedding by calling the Tanglewood Stables at
- All items must be brought in and taken out in your allotted time frame.
- See Park Policies for more information.
In order to effectively provide service excellence to our customers, the Tanglewood
Park's Marketing and Events Office requires appointments to be set up by clients
in order to view rental facilities. We greatly appreciate your cooperation in this
process. Scheduled appointments will allow us to better serve our customers as it
correlates with our professional standards that we strive to provide for citizens,
customers, vendors and contractors. Thank you for selecting us for your event needs!
Appointments must be scheduled during the following times:
- Mondays: 8:00 am - 10:00 am
- Wednesdays: 10:00 am - 12:00 pm
- Thursdays: 2:00 pm - 4:00 pm
Please call (336) 703-6401 to schedule your appointment.