Student Election Assistants
A law has been passed (G.S. 163-42.1) allowing students to be appointed to serve
as student election assistants. These students must meet the following criteria:
- Be at least 17 years old at the time of the primary or election.
- Be a United States citizen.
- Be Forsyth County resident.
- Be enrolled in a secondary school or home school.
- Have exemplary academic records as determined by the school.
- Be recommended by the school's principal or director, and
- Have parental consent.
No more than two student assistants may be assigned to one voting place. Each student
assistant works under the direct supervision of the election judges and receives
the same training and compensation as other assistants.
Anyone meeting the qualifications, should print an application, complete the form and either
mail or hand-deliver the application to our office. In order to be considered, forms
must have the proper authorizations and signatures.