(Community Animal Nuisance Viable Abatement Services)
Forsyth County Animal Control understands the complexities
and difficulties that come with property management. Animal Control has established
partnerships with non-profit organizations for volunteer and financial assistance
to extend our resources and assist low income families address issues associated
with the responsibilities of pet ownership.
The CANVAS program provides:
- Dedicated Animal Control Officers for contact and response to the unique issues
- Coordination and direction of volunteers to humanely trap, alter, remove nuisance
- Resources to assist low income families obtain free, or financial assistance in
- Spaying/Neutering & Rabies Vaccinations
- Pet food
- Dog houses
Property Management is asked to:
- Require pets residing within the complex be licensed and vaccinated pursuant to
state and local laws;
- Work with program officers to determine the most effective response to the animal
nuisances including canvassing of the complex;
- Notify residents of the partnership with the Animal Control Department;
- Assist in the distribution of resource information.
Forsyth County Code Sec. 6-3.
General duties of animal control department.
The animal control department is responsible for:
(6) Making such canvasses of the county, including the homes and businesses in the
county, as it deems necessary for the purpose of ascertaining that all dogs are
duly and properly registered, that all dogs and cats of proper age are vaccinated
against rabies, and that all dogs are properly tagged.