FCPL locations offer free wireless internet access! Visit your favorite branch with
your laptop to do your research and enjoy Wi-Fi.
Public Internet workstations are available at all locations, so call or stop by
and ask for details on using this FREE Internet service. All computers have Microsoft
Word and many have CD-Rom educational programs, tutorials and games. You will need
your library card to log on. For more details, see our SAM page.
Computer and Internet Classes
The Library’s Computer Training Bridge offers FREE classes for beginner and intermediate
computer users. Classes are held in many of the WinstonNet computer labs which includes,
library branches, City of Winston-Salem Recreation Centers and many faith based
classes and sign up at the Computer Training Bridge website. View or print the latest schedule of classes.
Computers at Central Library
Central Library hosts these computer services:
- Computer Center — 40 workstations for public access to the internet and applications
- Express Computers — two workstations for 15-minute sessions
- Download Station — checkout media from the N.C. Digital Library for your mobile
- Computer Learning Center — 18 workstations for computer training
- Assistive Technology —workstations with special software for persons with disabilities
- Research Computers — reserve workstations for two-hour research sessions
- Digitization Station — a computer workstation with digital conversion equipment
Several Library branches have special computer services in addition to public-access
workstations. Visit the branch page or call for more information.
Public computer workstations are connected to a quality black & white
laser printer. The Library provides 5 pages free per day. There is a 15 cent charge
for each additional page. Printing is not available for wireless users.